"
Friday, August 3, 2007
art as balm



“You can't put a Band-Aid on every boo-boo you've made; some just need time to heal...”




It sucks, but it's true what doesn't kill you.....fill-in-the-blank. I wish I could just grow up not out and around,upside down and backwards. I am like some tree with a disease and knots or a vine caught in a fence, parts half-dead, other parts rotting below me feeding me.




Yes, it's our roots that feed us, meaning our past. We are all old souls. God has known us always. Our roots pick up what is around us, what we have left behind or ground or grounded ourselves in. It's our choice,we can take our experience and sink or produce new leaves, new pages, new lives/lines.




Right now I am trying to turn the shit around me into fertilizer. Make myself anew. And while it hurts to think about my past, really what I have done, it is helpful to not just delete but rewind a little, ponder and reformulate.




A new poem is on it's way- two in fact. I am very please and looking to my past, I see I have a future filled with old structure and new paint.




New poem title: store bought incarnate...coming soon




New Cool Product..I love "the worm." Baby onesie!





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Beginning with "B" said...
Yes. It's true.

~~keep creating. Keep working.

You're doing just fine.

xx,bill