"
Friday, July 27, 2007




Spiritual and religious traditions, when shaped by the feminine principle, affirm the cyclical phrases of our lives and the wisdom each phase brings, the sacredness of our bodies and the body of the Earth
Patrick Wynne quotes

I am feeling emotional and bloated. Last night I had cramps, more than most want to know. These things tell me old aunt Flo is on her way. I try and keep this in mind when I start feeling melancholy and sensitive.
Placing myself in my cycle, allows me to know what I need. Like in the winter I wear layers, it's a simple concept but society has stripped women of the right to admit they cycle. We are not controlled by our hormones,but they are factors in how we feel.
I need to have space for myself, to eat something rich, walk alone and find peace. Taking care of ourselves is good practice for caring for others. And women who attract narcissists need to take care of themselves. We need to take time for expression and pampering- be it that expensive soap at the drugstore or a new suit. I like tea and good book.
Suffering is important too in life, it is redemptive and avoidance of it, as M.Scott Peck says, the basis of mental illness. But suffering for a purpose, not placing ourselves on the pyre for someone else's psychodrama.

Labels: , , , , ,