"
Friday, June 22, 2007
vanity press? cafepress?

This project was begun out of boredom, helplessness and a need to create. The Internet has allowed people to emote all over: in song; verse; pixels....so much room and so little attention span.

Is our art bad because it is published online? I have been asking these questions of myself.

Just today I received an acceptance letter; three of my poems will be published online. More exposure, but I wonder if these venues are peer-reviewed enough.
My knee-jerk response to anyone who wants me, is to question their quality. Yeah. Perhaps ,that's how I, we, ended up in this cycle. Both of us, have been rejected and toyed with by the same man. I was his friend, she, his ex-wife.
We struck up an unlikely friendship, and bonded once we realized it was him who is insane. Funny, how validated you feel once you learn he whispered veiled threats to all the women in his life, made you question your sanity and almost drove you insane.
But it was through his outright rejection of my art, that I knew he was ill. My art really set me free. Or rather frees me every day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Beginning with "B" said...
~~all the best.

I shall return to read,
and cheer.
(Another lover of poetry,
[and, flighty blogger] turns to reading...

...finding, another voice,
to enjoy.

~~(^_^)~~

xx,b./adam